Website Terms & Conditions of Use
Please take time to read these user conditions carefully. They set out the terms and conditions under which the InterTrust Medical Ltd website is made available to you. By accessing the InterTrust Medical Ltd website you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
All material on this site is copyrighted. Unless it is specifically stated that particular material is available for general use then it should not be copied or re-used without express permission of InterTrust Medical Ltd.
InterTrust Medical Ltd reserves the right to gather information relating to site usage. Any information gathered is primarily for internal use to allow us to refine and improve our service to our customers.
1. Our Commitment to Data Protection
1.1 At InterTrust Medical Ltd we are committed to safeguarding any personal information held within our database. We shall take every step necessary to protect personal data and information contained within our website as well as undertake to comply with United Kingdom or European applicable Data Protection legislation currently in existence.
1.2 Other than as required by law, InterTrust Medical Ltd will not disclose any personal data to any third party without express permission.
2.1 At InterTrust Medical Ltd we agree to use reasonable methods to maintain our website in optimum operating conditions and error free. As we cannot guarantee that this will always be the case, we do not accept responsibility for any defects that may exist, or for any costs, loss of profits, loss of data, or consequential losses arising from your use of, or inability to access InterTrust Medical Ltd website.
2.2 The InterTrust Medical Ltd website is provided without any warranties or guarantees unless specifically stated.
2.3 Your relationship with, and interest in promotions, services, or merchants found on or via the InterTrust Medical Ltd website, unless explicitly stated by us, are solely between you and the person with whom you are dealing. Should any dispute arise between you, InterTrust Medical Ltd will do its best to assist you in solving the situation, but we will not be responsible for any losses or damages that may arise from any such dealings.
2.4 InterTrust Medical Ltd may provide links to other web sites or resources. We are unable to accept responsibility for these; neither can we be deemed to have endorsed their content.
2.5 InterTrust Medical Ltd reserves the right to suspend, restrict, or terminate our website service without offering a reason.
2.6 In order to maintain our integrity, InterTrust Medical Ltd reserves the right to forward contact details to the Police or other regulatory authority when requested to do so; we may also forward contact details where a complaint arises concerning your use of our website where that use is deemed by us to be inconsistent with these user conditions.
3. Your Obligation to Us
3.1 You agree that you will only use InterTrust Medical Ltd website in a manner that is consistent with these user conditions and in such a way as to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. In particular, you will not use InterTrust Medical Ltd to transmit or post any material which may be considered as defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or which may, in our opinion, cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety to any person.
3.2 To the extent to which your use (or the use by any person who may be authorised by you or for whom you are responsible – for example, as the parent or guardian of a child-) causes loss or damage to any person, you agree to indemnify InterTrust Medical Ltd immediately on demand in relation to any such losses or damages attributable to InterTrust Medical Ltd, including, where necessary, any legal, administrative or technical charges that may arise from such use.
3.3 You agree not to use the InterTrust Medical Ltd website in such a way that may cause the whole or part of InterTrust Medical Ltd services to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or is in any way impaired.
4. Other Conditions of Use
4.1 These user conditions may be amended from time to time. They may also be extended to include other conditions applicable to specific products or services offered by us.
General Terms Of Business
Your contract for overall delivery of services is with InterTrust Medical Ltd. We will ensure that all contracted services are delivered as set out in the Treatment Package. The contract comes into existence with the acceptance of the treatment package presented to you and completion of the Stage I payment, Thereafter we are responsible to assist you to the extent of dispensation of treatment package and delivery of the facilitation services, as set out in your treatment package.
- The price agreed upon will include, (a) surgery, (b) transfers from the airport in the city of choice to the accommodation or hospital on arrival and the reverse transfer for departure, (c) consultation with the surgeon, (d) any pre-operative tests advised by the surgeon, (e) accommodation at the hospital, as advised, and (f) hotel stay, (if arranged through us), for the duration of your stay.
- Any tests considered necessary as a result of a pre-existing condition or your exposure or vulnerability to any condition will be at additional cost.
- Normally, you would settle all hotel bills yourself. You are liable for any other costs that you incur such as meals, use of telephone, laundry, etc. at the hotel, or stay at accommodation not booked through us.
Upon an agreement being made for a booking, a deposit covering the Administration Fee and a schedule confirmation deposit is required at least 14 days before departure. If you do not pay in full 14 days before departure, we reserve the right to cancel your booking, and cancellation charges may apply. The balance of treatment cost is payable at the clinic/hospital.
- Your treatment is a contract between you and your hospital and/or surgeon undertaking the treatment. We hold no medical qualifications and are neither responsible nor liable for any medical procedures. We assist you to arrive at an informed decision by meeting or, at least, interacting with the surgeon by phone/video conference. We are not liable for the work of the surgeon or any of the staff engaged at your clinic or hospital. This will be governed by the hospital regulations and documentation provided. You agree to indemnify InterTrust Medical Ltd against the incidence of medical negligence or malpractice. These aspects will invariably be governed by the terms and conditions of your treatment contract with the hospital/clinic and surgeon.
- We do not accept any responsibility in the unlikely event that the surgeon feels that you are not fit enough to undergo surgery and have to return without surgery. You will be entitled to refund of any unspent balance of your treatment cost after deductions on account of tests, consultations, etc.
- Your clinic/hospital will give you aftercare instructions and advice. Should you not follow these and there are repercussions arising from your lack of care, the hospital and surgeon will not accept responsibility.
- InterTrust Medical Ltd accepts no liability for loss or injury of any kind except death or injury caused by the negligence of the company, its servants or agents.
- We provide extended stay in hospital to ensure that you have nursing care until you are able to look after yourself in a hotel.
- - We ask you to stay at the destination at least until the stitches are removed so that the risk of infection is minimised if not eliminated.
- - By the time you have the final post operative consultation, you should have a fair measure of your results from the surgery. Any major variations to the outcome requiring revision or correction should be identifiable and will be rectified, if considered feasible.
- - Once back in the Country of Origin, your first point of contact is your GP/family doctor. If they should identify a post operative care issue with your surgery or signs of any complications, we will assist you with making available to the surgeon a report from GP, photographs, test results, etc, to enable the surgeon to
- provide an opinion and describe the way forward.
- - Our surgeons are in the UK frequently and will be available for postoperative consultation and progress check, if you require one.
- - If you require revision or correction treatment, the hospital and surgeon will underwrite the cost of treatment. Consistent with the spirit of your decision to seek treatment abroad in the first instance, you will only have to bear the cost of travel, hotels and subsistence in this event.
- - In case of dental treatment we can provide revision or corrective treatment in London.
Medical Information and Questionnaire
- You agree that your medical questionnaire will be shared with your clinic/hospital. We are not liable if the questionnaire has not been completed thoroughly or honestly or if any information is withheld.
- We will not disclose your data, records or information without your consent and will only share it with those concerned with your treatment.
Travel Information, Documents & Passports
InterTrust Medical Ltd cannot accept responsibility for clients missing aircraft due to late arrival of connecting aircraft or for late check-in at the airport. Clients are responsible for the provision of all necessary valid documents, including passports and visas.
Delays sometimes occur. We do not accept any responsibility for any delay. When delays occur, refreshments and meals will normally be the responsibility of the airline. Airlines occasionally may change the type of aircraft used on a particular flight without advance notice. Flight timings and days of operation are subject to change. InterTrust Medical Ltd will be responsible for such delays or changes and related services and you agree to indemnify InterTrust Medical Ltd against such eventualities.
It is recommended that you have travel insurance that will cover against delays, loss of baggage, personal effects, etc, as well as sickness and ill–health. We can also guide you to Medical Travel Insurance for the treatment you wish to have. You must decide if the provisions add to your level of comfort and if you wish to subscribe to the policy.
You may cancel your booking at any time by notifying us in writing. The cancellation will take effect from the day the written confirmation is received. The scale of charges payable will depend upon when the notification of cancellation is received: However, the cancellation charge will always be limited to actual and expenses incurred disbursements made.
Circumstances Beyond Our Control
Except where we say differently elsewhere in these conditions, we cannot pay any compensation, expenses, losses or any other amount or otherwise accept responsibility if we have to change your booking after departure or if we or the clinics/hospitals cannot provide your procedure as agreed, or you suffer any loss or damage of any description as a result of circumstances beyond our control. When we refer to circumstances beyond our control, we mean any event which we or the provider in question could not foresee or avoid even after taking all reasonable care. Such circumstances will usually include war, terrorist activity, civil unrest, industrial dispute and bad weather (actual or threatened).
Changes to the Contract
If we have to cancel or significantly change your booking, we will contact you to discuss this and you can choose to rearrange your procedure with us (and pay the difference of fare or receive a refund, as the case may be) or cancel your booking and get a full refund. However, we will not pay compensation in these circumstances and are not responsible for any losses or expenses you suffer as a result of circumstances beyond our control